Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Things to do before the New Year

Yo - what are you up to this weekend for New Years?  Who's going to NYC?  uummm, def not me.  I think it was last year that i went.  ok, i'm not that dumb, i didn't venture over to Times Square; but still at a party in Manhattan and overrated for sure.
i'm not really a late night person, and therefore, not a new years eve person either.  don't get me wrong, it can be a fun night, but by 11 pm, i struggle to keep my eyes open.  this year, i plan on snowboarding all weekend.  celebrating 12 am on 1.1.12 may be secondary.

I've been pretty unmotivated the past several days.  I'm at work, but not really working.  Heh, i don't just take off days when i have nothing to do.  Really, i'm not wasting my vacation, just because...even though i still have like 19 days to use for this year.  fortunately, they rollover into 2012.  don't judge me.  Anyways, my point to this post is to try and do a quick rundown (for my own sake) of things that i just really NEED to do before the end of the year (or before 1.3.12).
  • I need to clean out my closet and my underwear drawer.  
  • ...and a follow up to that...drop off a batch to Goodwill [tax savings] and buy some new underwear.  
  • I need to make a few last minute charitable donations before the end of 2011 [tax savings].  suggestions?
  • I need to map out my workout regiment for January - March 2012.
  • I need a haircut.  but i doubt i will actually get one, unless i do it myself.  split ends are like whoah.
  • I need to wash my bed sheets.  It tends to be a semi-annual thing for me, so if i don't take the time to do so, it may revert to an annual thing.
  • I need to revamp and update my budget.  I no longer have roommates.  Eh, any takers?
  • I need to download some new music.  Something fresh; something perhaps motivational and/or inspirational.
Ok, list seems doable right?  but work today and tomorrow and then heading out to Wisp on Friday morning for the weekend.  Oh yeah, and i must'nt forget my return to high school for the alumni basketball game tomorrow night.  Last year, i was unable to play due to injury, so i am semi-excited to shoot a basketball and see old faces.  let's be real though, i expect to be terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment