Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Letter 2011

December 24, 2011

Dear friends and family,

It is hard to believe that another year has come and gone.  It's hard to imagine life without e-mail or texting and twitter.  It's hard to imagine putting a pen to paper (and paying for postage); hence, this electronic version of a Christmas letter/2011 in review.  Yay for technology and twitter.  

Memorable moments of 2011:
1.  The Women's World Cup:  My sport is soccer so I have to give props to the girls of the USWNT. They were unbelievable this summer.  One of the greatest comebacks I've ever seen.  Absolutely inspirational!  Too bad they didn't win; but nonetheless, I continue to be a fan.  That team will for sure go down in history.  I love when this country is excited about soccer.  Here's to the team's success in London 2012.
2.  Glide Surf Co.:  My brother-in-law and sister opened their surf store in Normandy Beach, NJ in April 2011.  
"This core surf boutique celebrates the pureness of surfing and the current renaissance within the surf world."  
Very exciting and I'm proud of them for their hard work, creativity and entrepreneurship.  I wish them the best in the upcoming years.  If you are ever at the Jerz Shore...

3.  My brother got married:  Our families traveled down to the Outer Banks, NC for Seth's wedding in May.  Good times all around.  Congratulations Seth and Liz!
4.  The Messiah Women's Soccer team won another national championship:  
I love this team.  I love this program.  MWS had an amazing season that ended with the team's 4th national championship, 3 in the last 4 years!    
Amazing.  So proud of the program and to have been a part of it and shared in the journey of the team's success! Don't forget to watch them on the NCAA Championships Special on CBS on Sunday, December 25, at 1:00 PM (EST).

5.  My dad retired:  In September 2011, Frank A. Gasiorowski officially retired from working for the army after 40 years!  how crazy is that?  crazy awesome!  for him, that just means more hunting and fishing and working on the house.  perhaps, more working out.  btw, I'm going on 8 years in the work force.  i still have 32 years till i retire.  arg.
See...you love an electronic Christmas card bc it = pics and links to the www.  From concerts, races, Phillies games, work, P90X, Insanity, snowboarding, weddings, parties and soccer to fun times at the Jersey Shore, OCMD, New York, New Mexico, DC, Philadelphia, and Grantham, PA; I hope that you also had a fabulous year.  

I know you are wondering, and if you must know; yes, i do still play soccer; but casually and recreationally.  Thankfully, it satisfies my overly competitive nature and aggressive soccer spirit.  I also, currently coach the women's club team at Loyola University (MD).  It has its ups and downs, but no complaints; it's great to be able to give back to the sport that has given me so much. 

Truly, I have been blessed beyond measure.  God is good all the time.  I am so grateful for my friends and family and how each one of you has touched my life.  If you are ever in Baltimore, MD, please stop by.  I'd love to meet up, catch up, hang out, or whichever may apply.  

There's so much to be thankful for.  God Bless and Merry Christmas!
Hope to see you in 2012.

Jamie "Gaz" Gasiorowski

Luke 2:7 (ESV) "And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn."...but who would imagine a King...

1 comment: