Friday, November 26, 2010

The Biggest Loser


The Biggest Loser is prolly my favorite show.  Ok, sometimes I fast forward the talking parts when they cry and say I'm not worth anything.  But I like when Jillian Michaels yells in the faces of the fat people.  Bob? not so much.  He's a little pansy (jk), but he's kinda hot because of his tattoos and his man-pris (the men's version of capris).
  
The best part is when you see where the contestants started and see where they are now, like when they lose 100+ pounds and are young and sexy. {yep, I'm watching The Biggest Loser: Where are they Now?"}  Love it.  How can you not be inspired?  I am.  I am very motivated to go run a marathon or do a triathlon.  ok, maybe just get up from the couch and go to the bathroom.  No seriously, a triathlon.  Anyways, how did those contestants from last season get to run in the Boston marathon??  I thought you had to qualify? sheesh - not that I wanna run another marathon, but that's not fair.  2:58:53 for the SanFran Tri for Tara Costa...hmmm.  What?  and she won $25k for that?  what.  she won $25k for that.  
during season 7 of BL
She is my fave though and is such a competitor...she has that athlete's mentality, a the desire to always compete...so I get that she is a winner, always has to be and always will be because of that. {remember when she won like every single challenge in season 7? - what a rockstar!}

I am catching up on some old TV that has been on my DVR for months now.  Mondo (Project Runway).  He's so gay and I love his style, esp the short shorts that he wears every day.
Mondo from season 8, Project Runway

How was Thanksgiving for you?  Mine was fabulous.  I saw family that I had not seen in years and met relatives who had been new to this world within the last few years.  I also did not over-eat and therefore, was not depressed all weekend.  shew.  Today, I'm resting and preparing for football tomorrow.  As inspiration, here are 2 quotes that were in last month's Eastbay mag (supposed to be a cold blustery one tomorrow-ugh!):

"As soon as you start thinking about the weather, you know you're not focused on the game." - Hope Solo, Goalkeeper, U.S. National Soccer Team

"Everybody runs in the spring, summer, and fall - that's the easy part.  Running in the winter is what makes you a true champion." 
- Simon Bairu, 7 time Canadian Cross Country Champion
Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment