Friday, October 15, 2010

My day off

Today, I decided to take the day off from work. No real reason. I just had some things I had to get done, like annoying phone calls to the insurance company and set up a few appointments. I also had a few errands to make and some cleaning to do. I actually read the mail. It felt really weird to not be up at the crack of dawn and not having to rush around. I am actually sane right now, sitting on my bed blogging and listening to some calming music, specifically, I believe that would be John Mayer. It's such a brisk fall day. I have the windows open and the cool breeze is refreshing. I'm staring right now at my new snowboard that I bought at the end of last season. Man, I wish that I could be on the slopes right now. I just have an urge to shed! but then again, there's my retarded ankle that has been forever nagging and has allowed me to do zero activity. Hmm, that reminds me, one year ago from now, I would have been anticipating tomorrow, my first and probably only marathon. The 10th annual Baltimore marathon is tomorrow. Good luck crazy runners! Don't get me wrong, running a marathon is a thrilling experience...well, at least it is when you cross the finish line. The actual race (between mile 18-26) sucks; the training sucks, but looking back and realizing what you have accomplished is unreal! Maybe the aches and pains, the calluses and the black toenails are worth the bragging rights. Maybe, just maybe. Tonight, I will be getting my pasta fix even though I'm not running tomorrow. My friend is in town to run the half tomorrow. Woot! Good luck Baltimore, run fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment