Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cool Companies that Give


So I know that you have all heard of TOMS Shoes.
There was that cell phone commercial that featured the company and introduced the "one for one" purpose. Pretty cool company; plus, the shoes are legit stylish and cute...and they have size 5. Thank goodness! In my opinion - genius business model! I ended up buying the little blue cords a few years ago, but unfortunately I rarely wear them. Hopefully, the kid that got a new pair of shoes has worn his out for me. In their latest campaign, TOMS has teamed up with Element to donate skateboards...rad!

I have a checkup appointment for my eyes this Saturday morning. I need a new pair of glasses. My current pair are a outdated since my contacts prescription was updated a few times (yet not my glasses). I am excited to get a fresh new pair, one that I can wear to the office and one I can also wear to watch TV at night without squinting. Like TOMS, Warby Parker is a similar company - stylish (and affordable!) and they deliver a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair of frames that they sell! (Their slogan is Buy a Pair Give a Pair) In doing so, we we have the opportunity "to share the gift of vision with someone who can’t see today and give them the opportunity to read, to work and to live a fuller life." Awesome! I'm digg'n the Roosevelt. What do you think? They also come in black, but I'm thinking to spice things up a little and go with the striped tortoise. I also like the Digby, but they are a bit larger, and more rectangular as opposed to the rounder Roosevelt.
Today is hump day, baby - looking forward to the weekend already (go Phillies)! but significant amount of rain in the forecast - boooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment