Monday, October 5, 2009

New York City

This past weekend, I went to New York City to eat, shop and visit with my sister. Fun times - I mean, seriously, it was nice to get away. I must say though, I love observing the people of this great city. Fashion - yes, but with a price. First of all, people like go all out when they shop, like wearing heels to walk around for multiple hours? Who does that? It's like they have to prove that they are fashion forward to be worthy of the shopping. The price you pay for brands are literally ridiculous and if you don't hold yourself back, you can definitely spend more than you can afford. On the other hand, I love Uniqlo, I mean, not only is it like gnarly, but fits my Asian bod. So anyways, the NYC Soho store was our first destination after grabbing breakfast and coffee. Unbeknownst to any of us, the store was launching their new +J line by Jil Sanders...when we showed up 1/2 hour before the store opened, there was a short line and by 10 am, the line way, way back...ew. I mean, don't get me wrong, Jil Sanders is freaking money and her line was incredible...and actually affordable, but sheeesh. Well, it does add up AND I did spend :)
Check out the related blog by the New York Times. Makes me laugh...We tried to check out Brooklyn on Saturday, but it rained all day. Good thing I had my sweet NIKE rain jacket. Hopefully, next time I visit NYC, we can explore a new territory. Hmm, food was Southern Indian, American cafe/pastry-ish, and Vietnamese - like real good though I gained a few unwanted pounds - haha. In soccer news, Messiah women "banged past Albright 5-0" for their first conference game and win. The team's schedule in the next few weeks is on the light side with conference games + Eastern. The next test will most likely not be until regional finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment