Monday, October 19, 2009

Go Phillies!!

If you did not know, I am a Philadelphia sports fan. I mean, let me explain: I was raised in Baltimore, MD; and thus, do also consider myself a Baltimoron. But yeah - both of my parents and their families are from Philly - aahhhh, the city of brotherly love. So, I grew up rooting for John Kruk, Lenny Dykstra, Manute Bol, and Randall Cunningham in my younger years. It has paid off the last few years with the Phillies, winning the WS last year and now on their way to another. Now, I must say I am not much of a fan of baseball in general...I mean, come on, there is very little running and creative strategy involved, but have always always been a hardcore Phillies fan...weird, I know. It all started when I collected baseball cards back in the day like it was my job. Other memorable Phillies fan practices were: being a member of the Phillies Junior club, buying multiples (of tens) of packs of Phillies franks just to get the free $4 ticket in each pack, and listening to the games and HK on 1210. They all made me a happy kid...good memories! I guess after the Phillies made it to the '93 world series (and lost) and then the baseball strike hit in the '90's, I somewhat lost interest. Then followed several years of terrible baseball, along with multiple general managers that were terrible...

I'm glad that the Phillies are good again. It's nice to have a team that can produce. It's nice that the team is baseball, so I can catch a few games during the season. GO PHILS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment