Monday, October 12, 2009

Baltimore Marathon 10.10

On Saturday, I ran the Under Armor Baltimore marathon.  Ah, yes, what a great event.  Not only is it home, but it was shared by those who appreciate the run.  Can I also just say that I was stunned by the amount of support from the city and surrounding communities.  Now I did run the half-marathon back in 2005 - 4 years ago, but I did not remember how great the random people were on the sidelines cheering.  I saw a lot of people that I knew too - weird.  On to reality...a marathon is 26.2 miles.  For any reasonable human being, this means 4+ hours of (nonstop) running.  In other words, it hurt.  I did not think it was going to be easy by any means; however, I also did not think that it would be this tough either.  Ugh.  Let me just say, it would take a whole lot of convincing to get me to run another one.  I now have nasty blood blisters, black toenails, sore muscles, tired, weak, and sore ankles - yeah, I pretty much feel like I was hit by a truck.  Props to those marathon junkies who are obsessed.  For me?  never again.  Thank the Lord - I finished and can check that bastard off my list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment