Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Messiah Athletics - national exposure

Today, the USA Today ran an article on Messiah College, in particular the women's and men's soccer teams, with mention of the field hockey and softball teams. How awesome is this!? I mean, seriously, I have been bragging about this program and this team for years! They seriously are the real deal when it comes to quality soccer, playing with class, and execution. Additionally, not only was Messiah recognized as a national powerhouse in athletics, which is quite the honor, the name of Jesus was exalted and as with every game, a great Christian testimony portrayed. I am truly proud to have played for a program with such high spiritual, academic, and athletic standards, and to have such a great team of players who were sisters, bonded by the undying love of Christ. The article brought such great memories to mind and it was almost like I was re-living my days on the MWS team. The testimony of the players are the exact same feelings that I can remember as a player. To God be the glory! Go Messiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment