Monday, June 10, 2013

The Master Cleanse

Today is Day 1 of The Master Cleanse.  This past weekend, I did the "Ease In" (eating all raw foods, then just pure vegetable/fruit juice) and I must say that it was easier than I thought it would be.  That is not to say that it was easy.  If you are not familiar with the Master Cleanse, it is described as the "Lemonade Diet."  (i.e. the diet that Beyonce used to shed 20 lbs for her "Dream Girls" role).
Let's be honest though - I am not using this as a diet for weight loss, rather to cleanse my body of toxins.  I had some weird stomach problems last week and so I figured I would at least attempt it.  The lemonade concoction consists of lemon juice, grade b maple syrup, and cayenne pepper (& water).  Another key to the Master Cleanse is to do a salt water flush (warm salt water) in the morning before you start your day and to drink a laxative tea at night.  It was suggested that you don't start the SWF until Day 2, so I didn't do that this morning, but did drink the tea last night.  So far, so good.  I really thought I'd be starving all day...oh but wait, I am.  I guess my mind set is the ultimate goal, so I'm grinding through.  I hear it should be easier come Day 4 and following (as far as the hunger pains).  I hope to get to Day 10, but I'd be good if I can get through this week and feel good.  10 days is a long time without a burger, plus 2-4 days before/after the cleanse for the ease in/out is 2+ weeks.  Perhaps too long.  If I start feeling nasty with no energy at the end of the week, I'll prob be pretty tempted to give in.  I mean, i had to give up soccer tonight.  and 2 weeks in a row is kinda extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment